Have you been suffering Kidney Stones from those sharp, stabbing pains in your side that just won’t go away? Chances are you’ve developed kidney stones, hard mineral deposits that form in your kidneys. Conventional treatments like surgery or lithotripsy to break up the stones can be expensive and come with risks. Many people are turning to Ayurvedic medicine for a natural solution. But with so many herbal remedies and formulations to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
We’ll walk you through how to determine the underlying cause or “dosha” of your kidney stones and the best Ayurvedic medicines to help flush them out and prevent them from coming back. Get ready to say goodbye to those kidney stones for good the natural way.
Understanding Kidney Stones and Ayurvedic Treatment
Kidney stones are hard mineral deposits that form in your kidneys.Ayurvedic Medicine for Kidney Stones, an ancient Indian healing system, offers natural treatments for these painful stones. To choose the right option for you, it’s helpful to understand how kidney stones form and the various Ayurvedic approaches.
•Kidney stones develop when urine contains more crystal-forming substances – like calcium, oxalate and uric acid – than it can dilute. The excess minerals stick together into stones. Ayurveda aims to balance these minerals and improve urine flow.
•Ayurvedic herbs like varuna, gokshura, and punarnava have diuretic effects and help flush your kidneys. Pashanabheda is believed to actually break up stones. These herbs come as teas, capsules or liquid extracts.
•Following an Ayurvedic diet based on your dosha can also help. Reducing salt, animal protein, and oxalate-rich foods like spinach and rhubarb may benefit some people. Increasing water, lemon water, and kidney-supporting foods like berries may help others.
•Panchakarma therapies use massage, herbs, and fasting to detoxify the kidneys. Shodhana treatments like virechana (purging) and vamana (emesis) aim to flush toxins from the organs and balance doshas.
•Yoga asanas like camel pose, bridge pose, and knees-to-chest pose gently massage the kidneys. Pranayama breathing exercises also boost kidney function.
By understanding your dosha and the nature of your stones, you can choose the Ayurvedic remedies that will relieve your symptoms, soften your stones or maybe even prevent new ones from forming. With the guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner,Stogul natural kidney stone relief could be right at your fingertips.
The Best Ayurvedic Herbs and Medicines for Kidney Stones
Kidney stones are no fun, but some herbal medicines can help flush them out and relieve your pain. Here are a few of the best Ayurvedic options to consider:
- Gokshura, also known as Tribulus terrestris, is one of the most popular herbs for kidney stones. It helps flush waste and excess fluid from your kidneys and urinary tract. You can find gokshura powder, tablets, or capsules. The typical dosage is around 1,000 to 2,000 mg up to three times a day.
- Punarnava, or Boerhavia diffusa, is another highly effective herb for kidney stones. It helps reduce inflammation in your kidneys and urinary tract, eases pain, and promotes the flow of urine. The usual dose of punarnava powder is 1 to 3 grams twice daily with water. You can also take 400 to 600 mg capsules up to twice per day.
- Varuna, or Crataeva nurvala, helps break up stones and clear waste from your kidneys. It acts as a natural diuretic while also reducing pain and inflammation. The typical dosage is 1 to 2 grams of varuna powder twice daily, or 300 to 500 mg capsules up to twice per day.
- Pashanabheda, also known as Bergenia ligulata, literally means “stone breaking” in Sanskrit. True to its name, pashanabheda helps crush and dissolve kidney stones. The usual dosage is 500 to 1,000 mg of pashanabheda powder up to 3 times a day, or 200 to 400 mg capsules twice daily.
By combining these herbal medicines under the guidance of an Ayurvedic practitioner, you can find relief from your kidney stones and support your kidney health. The key is being consistent and patient through the process. With time and the proper treatment, you’ll be feeling normal again in no time!
How to Identify the Type of Kidney Stone You Have
Type of Pain
The kind of pain you’re experiencing can provide clues to the type of kidney stone. Sharp, colicky pain that comes in waves is usually caused by stones moving through the urinary tract. A dull ache in your lower back or side that doesn’t go away may indicate stones blocking urine flow or causing an infection.
The only way to confirm what type of stone you have is through stone analysis. This is done by catching a passed stone in a strainer and having it chemically analyzed to determine its makeup. The most common types of stones are:
- Calcium stones – Made of calcium oxalate or calcium phosphate. Reduce excess calcium and oxalate in the diet.
- Uric acid stones – Related to high uric acid in the urine. Limit animal proteins like meat, eggs, and seafood which increase uric acid.
- Struvite stones – Related to urinary tract infections. Treat any infections and make diet changes to limit stone recurrence.
- Cystine stones – Caused by a hereditary disorder. Drink plenty of water and limit sodium to help cystine stay dissolved in the urine.
If stone analysis isn’t possible, your doctor may use imaging tests, urine tests, and your medical history to determine the likely stone type. Proper treatment and prevention depend on the correct diagnosis, so get the advice of a urologist or nephrologist to determine next steps based on your specific situation.
Making changes to your fluid intake, diet, medication use, and underlying conditions can help treat the root cause of your stones and reduce your risk of recurrence. The type of treatment may also depend on the size, location and composition of your stones. But the most important first step is figuring out exactly what kind of stones you have.
Dosage and Consumption Recommendations for Kidney Stone Medicines
The dosage and frequency of Stogul Ayurvedic medicines for kidney stones depends on the severity of your condition and the specific ingredients in the formulation. Follow the recommendations on the product packaging or consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for guidance.
For Stogul Best Ayurvedic kidney stone medicines, the typical dosage is 1 to 2 pills 2-3 times per day, usually with meals. The dosage may be higher for severe or chronic cases of kidney stones. Start with a lower dosage and gradually increase to find what works best for you, based on your body’s response and tolerance.
- Some formulations may cause mild digestive issues or loose stools initially as your body adjusts. This is normal and usually temporary. Drink plenty of water to help reduce this effect.
Best Time to Take
The optimal times to take Stogul Ayurvedic kidney stone medicines are first thing in the morning, mid-afternoon and before bedtime. These correspond to periods when kidney function and urine output increase during the day. Taking the medicines at these times helps to maximize their effectiveness.
For most people,Stogul Ayurvedic kidney stone medicines should be taken for at least 3 to 6 months to fully dissolve existing stones and prevent recurrence. Some people may need to take a lower maintenance dosage long-term to prevent future stone formation. Consult your Ayurvedic practitioner for guidance on the duration and dosage specific to your condition.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water per day to help the medicines work more efficiently and flush stones and gravel from your kidneys and urinary tract.
- Reduce intake of stone-forming foods like red meat, eggs, and shellfish which are high in purines. Focus on a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Practice yoga poses that improve kidney function and urine flow like bridge pose, seated twist and knee to chest.
- Get adequate rest and manage stress levels with meditation or deep breathing. High stress can contribute to kidney stone formation.
Following the recommended dosage and duration, making diet and lifestyle changes, and staying well hydrated will help Ayurvedic kidney stone medicines work most effectively to relieve your symptoms and prevent future recurrences. Be patient through the process and consult a doctor if your symptoms do not start to improve within 2-3 months or get worse at any point.
FAQs: Kidney Stone Ayurvedic Medicine
Once you’ve been diagnosed with kidney stones, the next step is finding an Ayurvedic medicine to help remedy your condition. Here are some frequently asked questions to help determine the right Ayurvedic option for you.
What are the options?
There are several Ayurvedic medicines used to treat kidney stones. The most common are:
- Stogul: A herbal decoction containing varun, gokshur, punarnava, etc. It helps break down stones and reduces inflammation.
- Tablets containing gokshur, shilajit, etc. They help reduce pain, break down stones and improve urine flow.
- Herbal tablets containing gokshur, guggulu, etc. They help break down kidney stones and improve kidney function.
How do I choose?
The choice depends on the type of stones, symptoms, and your body constitution. Consult an Ayurvedic practitioner to determine the best option based on your condition. In general:
Follow the dosage and instructions from your Ayurvedic practitioner. In general:
- Varunadi kwath: 15-30 ml, 2-3 times a day before meals.
- Stogul: 2 tablets, 2-3 times a day with water after meals.
Continue the medicine for 4 to 6 weeks based on your condition and practitioner’s recommendation. Be sure to stay hydrated, limit stone-forming foods, and get plenty of rest to maximize the benefits. With the right Ayurvedic treatment and diet changes, you can effectively manage your kidney stones and support your long term health.
So there you have it, some tips to help you choose the best Ayurvedic medicine for kidney stones. Remember, the key is to find a remedy that contains herbs specifically meant to help break up stones and increase urine flow to flush out any debris. Look for a formula with a blend of diuretic, anti-spasmodic and pain-relieving herbs.
And when in doubt, consult an Ayurvedic practitioner to get their recommendation based on your unique constitution and symptoms. By choosing a high-quality herbal medicine and making simple diet and lifestyle changes, you can find natural relief from your kidney stones and support better health and balance in your body. The path to wellness is in your hands.